A Study Of Repentance -- Saturday, June 24, 2017
By Mary Lee Thornton
The Word "Repent" (Metanoeo) Literally Means "To Change The Mind,"
"To Have Second Thoughts," Or, "To Regret,"
"A Change Of Lifestyle."
1. Matthew 3:1, In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea.
2. Matthew 3:2, And saying, Repent ye for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
3. Matthew 3:8, Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
4. Matthew 3:11, I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
5. Matthew 9:13. But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
6. Mark 1:4, John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
7. Mark 6:12, And they went out, and preached that men should repent.
8. Luke 5:32, I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
9. Luke 13:3, I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
10. Luke 15:7, I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
11. Luke 24:47, And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
12. Acts 2:38, Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
13. Acts 3:19, Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
14. Acts 8:22, Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.
15. Acts 26:20, But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.
16. Romans 2:4, Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
17. 2 Corinthians 7:10, For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
Thanks For Reading This Study.
Write To Me
Back To Home Page
Mary Lee Thornton